Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Catch up on the day to day work I do, and the occassional thought. It's ok, I wouldn't subject you to all the gory details. For more of the handmade art and craft, jewellery and textiles I make and sell, see my online store.



Wednesday 6 October 2010

Beaded Scissor Keeper

I really enjoyed the class I did with the Bead Hold. It was organised by the Auckland Embroiderer's Guild - thank you Robyn.

We started by making a bead out of beads for the top. That's on a par with cutting up fabric to join it together to make a quilt. There are some definite possibilities there for making some special beads to include in a necklace. So I made a couple more beads to see how they would go.




They may not look much to you, but at an hour a piece, that was a night's work. I think they look quite cute. You may see them on  necklace on my website some time.

If you want more info on these, please feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment