Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Catch up on the day to day work I do, and the occassional thought. It's ok, I wouldn't subject you to all the gory details. For more of the handmade art and craft, jewellery and textiles I make and sell, see my online store.



Tuesday 6 July 2010

Exhibitions coming up in Hamilton


If you want to see embroidery at its best, The Power of Stitch is on in Hamilton from 10 - 15 July at Waikato Diocesan School, Rever Road 9 am to 5 pm daily except sunday which is 4.00 pm close. Thursday 15 July is 12 Noon close.




Arts Post art gallery at 120 Victoria St has another exhibition running from 1 July to 3 August - opening times 10 to 4.30 daily. I have this piece called Lake Hawea in the Arts Post exhibition.




These exhibitions are run by the Waikato and NZ Embroideres' Guilds as the bi-annual Symposium.

Wright's Fabrics from Morinsville will be at the merchants mall at Albans Church Hall, Comries Road, Chartwell during the symposim.

I will be taking 3 classes over 4 days next week, so I will be happy but exhausted by Friday.

Talk to you next week.

Keep stitching.

1 comment:

  1. Lake Hawea is made from wet felted merino wool to make the background 'photo', which has then been hand embroidered to depict a glorious calm wintery day at Lake Hawea near Wanaka, new Zealand. New Zealand flaxes have been embroidered in the foreground. This piece is for sale through my website for $225.00.

    ReplyDelete