Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Catch up on the day to day work I do, and the occassional thought. It's ok, I wouldn't subject you to all the gory details. For more of the handmade art and craft, jewellery and textiles I make and sell, see my online store.



Thursday 5 August 2010

Biannual Embroiderer's conference.

The Embroiderer's conference in Hamilton was great. The weather turned on blue skies (with freezing mornings) but that was so much better than if we had rain.
I learnt some interesting surface textures from Yanny Splitz. Jo Powell from www.creativecraftsupplies.co.nz showed us how to use paintstix, paint, irons and heat guns on various media - from brown paper to lutrador and tyvec. Lots of ideas there. I wonder where they will end up in my work. And finally a class by Anne Jolly who showed us how to incorporate all those little bits and pieces that you can't possibly throw away into a delicate 'fabric' that can be used on bags, journals or molded into a bowl or vase. I have an interesting 'fish bowl' in progress.
And the weekend after Hamilton I was at a 4 day quilting retreat. Awesome. Someone else to do all the cooking and we just had to sew and eat!! More about that in the next post - with photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment