Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Catch up on the day to day work I do, and the occassional thought. It's ok, I wouldn't subject you to all the gory details. For more of the handmade art and craft, jewellery and textiles I make and sell, see my online store.



Thursday 17 June 2010

My First Post




This is a steep learning curve. Here I sit, the winter sun streaming in, and I have been working on this blog and Twitter for nearly 2 hours. Hopefully it will get easier as I practise more. Surely making brooches with felt, organza and beads comes much more easily.




This lovely brooch in blue-greens measures about 7 cm across (nearly 3 inches for those Americans out there). It has a small kilt pin rather than a brooch pin as it is to be worn on a felt jacket as a clasp. I have made it as an order. You can order one too, just send me a note.


I have also been making more of my most popular items, hematite rings with beautiful shiny beads inside. This is a 45cm (18 inch) necklace with 5cm (2 in) extender chain and is available at www.helenhoriginals.co.nz. I sell a lot of stretchy bracelets of the same design.
Now that this is done, (I hope) I will be off to the gym and then on with some bag making.
I do love working from home. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment